Terms & Conditions
The information on this website is provided ‘as is’, with no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice. Cakes by Trudi has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that information provided through this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, however it accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this website. The information available on this site may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate. Cakes by Trudi reserves the right to make changes and corrections at any time without notice.
It is a condition of allowing you free access to the material on this website that Trudi will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including direct, indirect, special and consequential loss or damage of any kind, arising from the use of this information obtained either directly or indirectly from this website, except that Trudi does not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Terms of Business
- Cakes by Trudi reserves the right to change prices without notice.
- Damages or shortages must be notified to Cakes by Trudi upon receipt.
- Please note edible or foodstuff items are non-returnable if opened or used in anyway. Please be sure of what you purchase – if you are in doubt ask me before ordering.
- Cakes by Trudi shall not be liable for any consequential loss of the customer whether this arises from a breach of contract or any other way.
- In the event of cancellation Cakes by Trudi reserves the right to charge a handling fee to cover administrative costs you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit.
- Cakes by Trudi ‘s total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by Cakes by Trudi to the customer.
- Cakes by Trudi will not be liable for any variations in supplied goods, Every care has been taken to describe and show the goods accurately. Variations may occur in design.
- Please note pictures are for general illustration only and the product may vary from that shown.
- No employee of Cakes by Trudi is authorised to waive these terms and conditions.
- The customers statuary rights are not affected by any statement contained in the manual
- Prices quoted are individual per order and prices may vary depending on size ingredients and level of detail
- Minimum cake price is £50.00
- English law applies to all transactions
I will use your contact details (your name, job title, telephone and fax number and your e-mail and postal addresses) to provide any services requested by you and also to tell you about important changes to the site and its functionality. These details will be used by me and by my associated companies to provide you with information about other services and products for the same purpose.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
1.1 Payment must be made in advance before any goods are prepared or despatched.
1.2 ALL orders require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the value of the cake before an order can be accepted.
2. Delivery Options
2.1.1 Your cake will be guaranteed to arrive by 5.30 p.m on the requested delivery date if you choose the standard delivery option and a signature is required on receipt,If nobody is available to accept delivery a card will be left with details of how to arrange redelivery, or collection from the local depot.
2.1.2 Delivery will be at any time up to 5.30 pm (unless otherwise agreed)
2.1.3 Delivery is available on Monday to Friday only excluding Bank Holidays. For standard deliveries, weekend deliveries are available if you live within 5 miles and request hand delivery (subject to availability)
2.2 All cakes are made to order and you must give at least 14 days notice, you may choose delivery as follows:
2.2.1 Standard – I aim to deliver your cake on your chosen date (Monday to Friday only excluding Bank Holidays). You must give us at least 14 working days notice.
2.2.2 Hand Delivery (surcharge payable and subject to availability) you must live within 5 miles- I aim to deliver your cake on your chosen date (Monday to Sunday), with 14 days notice.
2.2.3 I use a reliable, guaranteed, 24 hour delivery service to ensure your cake arrives on time. For this reason, delivery on the weekend is not possible. Once your cake is in the hands of the carrier I have no control over the delivery process, so I recommend you choose a delivery date at least one day early to avoid disappointment.
2.2.4 Please let me know if you require delivery before a specific time, or on a Saturday or Sunday. This may be possible if you live within 5 miles, but a surcharge will be payable and this is subject to availability
2.3 You may choose a specific delivery date when placing your order and I will do my best to arrange delivery for that day.
3. Delivery Process
3.1 will be able to track the progress of your delivery. Please contact me immediately if your cake does not arrive within the timeframes described above. I can only contact the carriers between 9.00 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays. I will do everything possible to ensure your cake arrives on time, but cannot accept liability for any late deliveries.
3.2 If delivery is attempted and the carrier is unable to leave the cake (for example because nobody is available to take receipt) then the responsibility is with the customer to arrange redelivery or collection and we cannot accept liability for late delivery.
3.3 In the unlikely event that your cake is lost during transit, you must notify me within 24 hours of expected delivery. Compensation may be available, up to a maximum of the price paid by the customer, if the cake cannot be traced and is confirmed as lost by the carriers.
3.4 Your cake will be very carefully packaged so that it arrives in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that the cake appears to have been damaged during transit, you must notify me upon receipt.
Any replacement products, refunds or compensation will be considered, and may be granted at my discretion and only in the event that the cake is damaged beyond reasonable use. I will require evidence of any damage, which must be received by me within 1 day of the original delivery. This evidence may be in the form of photographs, or by returning the goods to me and must include the original packaging.
I must ask you to inform me when ordering your cake if any special ingredients are to be taken into consideration when making your cake.
Wheat, lactose, dairy etc. are all ingredients I use, but I can sometimes use an alternative ingredient to ensure total pleasure.
Please note that I cannot guarantee any ingredients are completely nut free
5. Cancelling an Order
All cakes are made to order and personalised to your specifications, orders therefore cannot be cancelled once the cake has been made. However, should you wish to change your order at any time please contact me immediately and I will do my best to meet your needs.
6. General Terms
6.1. Cakes by Trudi or any of its partners shall not be liable for any consequential loss of the customer whether this arises from a breach of contract or any other way.
6.2 Cakes by Trudi’s total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price paid by the customer for the goods supplied by Cakes by Trudi or any of its partners to the customer.
6.3 Please note pictures are for general illustration only and the product may vary from that shown.
6.4 Your statuary rights are not affected by any statement contained in this document or our website
6.5 English law applies to all transactions
By placing an order with Cakes by Trudi, either through my website, over the telephone, or by any other medium you are agreeing to these terms.
Personal Information, which you choose to provide to other websites, will be subject to the privacy policies of those websites.
- I will not use or disclose your Personal Information unless you have given your permission, except for the following purposes:
- To assess, operate and improve this website and the services provided through it;
- To keep you informed about Cakes by Trudi services and about this website;
- If I am required to disclose such Personal Information by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- I will not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to others unless you have given your permission. With your permission, I will only share your Personal Information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties. I will follow the relevant legal requirements and use all reasonable precautions to ensure that only responsible third parties see the Personal Information. However, I am not responsible for any breach of security or any act or omission of third parties who receive the Personal Information.
- In addition to the use of your Personal Information as described above, I may also gather anonymous information, which may be used by me or shared with third parties. This is information which does not identify you, but which may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving this website or the services provided through it.
If you have any questions or wish to have any Personal Information edited or deleted, please email me